The Captain Swift Inn
Captain Swift underwent an extensive renovation that began in early 2018 and went 12 months into early 2019…this inn is new top to bottom. Not an interior or exterior space was spared in the renovation.
Boutique Lodging In Camden’s Seaside Village…
Welcome to The Captain Swift Inn, Camden’s newest, fully renovated Bed & Breakfast. Located in Maine’s Mid-Coast region, only two blocks from Camden’s charming seaside village featuring unique shops, restaurants, and a picture perfect harbor. The Captain Swift Inn offers luxury and pristine lodging; impeccable service and unparalleled candlelit breakfasts to discerning travelers, all in a relaxed, upscale, and casual environment!
The Inn has 9 guest rooms and suites, all handsomely appointed; en-suite baths with spa showers/ massage body sprays. Some rooms have private decks; most have fireplaces and all have smart TVs with premium channels. Guests enjoy spending time at the patio, by the fire pit, or lounging in the fireplaced sitting rooms.
At a Glance
- Built in 1810 and expanded over the years
- 9 Guest Rooms and Suites with en-suite baths (ALL new baths with tile, granite, marble, glass, massage body sprays)
- 10 fireplaces (all working) 7 of the 9 guest rooms have gas fireplaces; 3 common sitting rooms have gas fireplaces, plus there’s a gas line fed outdoor fire pit
- There are 3 common sitting rooms with fireplaces
- Spacious dining room with 9 tables (capacity 18)
- The outdoor deck has 9 tables (capacity 22)
- The inn’s kitchen is a space anybody would enjoy and offers tile flooring, granite counters, 2 sinks, 3 dishwashers, Viking 36″ gas range and oven, two GE electric wall ovens and a 65″ Electrolux Refrigerator/Freezer unit and a KitchenAid ice maker
- All rooms have heat pumps for individually controlled heat and A/C
- All new mattresses, furnishings, linens, bathroom mirrors, lighting, wall cabinets, window treatment, paint, carpet, lighting, ceiling fans and more!
- All new flat screen Smart TVs
- Built in 1810
- Complete renovation 2018-2019
- 8,562 sf finished space
- 1,000 sf porch/deck space
- Lot size: .59 acres
- Book 5297 Page 183 Knox County Deeds 2019-20
- Real estate taxes $20,089
- Zoning – B3
- Paved parking lot for 13 cars
- Detached barn painted to match
- New Deer Isle granite stone steps leading to new stone patio, stone retaining walls and gorgeous landscaping Gas fire pit
- Newly renovated laundry facility in basement; 4 washers, 5 dryers
- Fire Sprinkler System on 3 levels
- New 400 amp electric service
- Propane cooking, fireplaces, clothes dryers, boiler for hot water and baseboard heat; steam boiler for part of the house
- 17 new heat pumps
The Owner's Residence
The Owner’s Residence is an attached two story home, privately situated toward the back of the inn. It is approximately 2,300 sf and has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, living room, kitchen with granite, hardwood floors, dining room, den. In the basement there is a full laundry facility and a TV room, perfect for staff or a small escape for innkeeper’s kids! There are 4 heat pumps for individually controlled heat and air. The bathrooms are beautifully renovated with tile showers, glass doors, tile floors. The space is similar in style to the rest of the inn and was also fully renovated.
The Inn is conveniently located in downtown Camden Harbor and just a couple miles from the entrance to Camden Hills State Park with its famous view from Mt. Battie. A few miles north to Lincolnville Beach and guests can catch the ferry to Islesboro.
The Camden area is known as the region where the “mountains meet the sea”. This Inn is your window to the natural landscape of mountains, beaches, protected bays, impressive lighthouse tours and extraordinary art museums and galleries.
- 80 miles from Portland (1-3/4 hrs.)
- 185 miles from Boston (3-1/2 hrs.)
- 55 miles from Bangor (1-1/4 hrs.)
- 75 miles from Acadia National Park (1-3/4 hrs. in summer traffic)
- 40 miles from Boothbay Harbor (-1 hr)