Inn Your Dreams
Aspiring Innkeeper Workshop Schedule
The Maine Inn Team launched our Innkeeper Workshops with two offerings to choose from: Two Day Weekend Workshop for Aspiring Maine Innkeepers; or One Day In-Depth Workshop for Future Sellers.
And then COVID-19 hit.
Covid-19 has changed so many things in our lives. And so like many, we are adapting and will be offering ZOOM virtual aspiring innkeeper workshops. Join The Maine Inn Team for an aspiring innkeeper workshop. We love to educate!
What’s involved? An intensive 7 hour course to be held on weekends, with a break between 3 1/2 hour sessions each day.
We will follow up with visits to on market inns via separate zoom sessions or Facebook Live.
What will we cover?
Searching For Your Inn/Acquiring Your Inn
- understanding your financial needs
- understanding tax benefits
- destination location vs destination inn
- knowing the area
- how many rooms are needed to make money
- how much of a cash flow is enough for you?
- full service with restaurant or just rooms?
- social media
- curating content
- reputation management
- website review
- business plan
- Quickbooks & Profit & Loss
- understanding your inn’s value
- understanding appraisals
- exit strategy
- managing the OTAs/channel management
- effective rate management
- yield management
- creating additional revenue streams
- effective time management
- best practices
F&B (food & beverage)
- cost control
- breakfast – plating, garnishing, creating the WOW factor
- additional F&B revenue streams (events, weddings, corporate meetings)
- beer, wine or liquor license, yes or no?
We will bring in guest speakers such as:
Hired Innkeeper Manager
Staff members of Hospitality Maine – the best advocates for our industry in Maine!
Aspiring Maine Innkeeper Workshop Schedule Details
All of our in-person workshops are still postponed. Zoom workshops we found to work really well, and were much easier for those who would otherwise have been traveling across the country.
To Be Announced – Summer 2022
To Be Announced – Fall 2022
To Be Announced – Winter 2022
Brought to you by Dana Moos and Diane Pace, The Maine Inn Team, Swan Agency Real Estate
and Dana Moos Consulting, LLC, Lodging and Hospitality Consulting
“Buying or selling an inn can be a relatively long process. We don’t just take part in a quick transaction, we establish relationships. The sale is not our goal. Your success is our goal. And our relationship doesn’t end at the closing table” – The Maine Inn Team