The Bradley Inn and Restaurant
In New Harbor, Maine
The Bradley Inn was built in the early 1900’s as a boarding house and converted to an inn as the area became a vacation destination. The nearly three-acre property offers multiple seating areas in which to enjoy the beautiful perennial gardens and fresh ocean air filled with the sound of the surf and sea gulls.
The main inn includes 10 guest rooms, 1 guest suite, and several common spaces with fireplaces for guests to enjoy. There is also a beautiful restaurant and pub that is considered one of the best casual fine dining establishments in the area.
The Seabreeze Spa is a small cottage next to the Main Inn that offers a lovely sauna and guests massage services.
The Carriage House is a renovated barn that contains two guest rooms, one guest suite, and is set slightly away from the main inn. The suite features a living room with fireplace, full kitchen, a primary bedroom plus a sleeping loft.
The Garden Cottage is a spacious, stand alone cottage with comfortable a seating area, full bathroom and private outdoor porch.
This is an inn that checks so many boxes. Good size/number of rooms, events, food and beverage, literally steps from a popular coastal attraction, an owner’s apartment, and so much potential!
Offered at $3,100,000
At a Glance
- 3063 Bristol Road, New Harbor, ME 04554
- Lot size: 3 acres
- Map 34, Lot B76
- Book 5119 Page 167, Lincoln County Registry of Deeds
- 2023 Tax Bill: $13,137
- Main Inn built around 1910; Garden Cottage and Carriage House came later
- Total finished square footage: ~12,500 (5 buildings plus a utility shed)
- 15 guest rooms/suites, all with private ensuite baths, some with newly renovated tiled showers and floors
- Beautiful foyer with exposed beams, small office and gift shop
- Very large parlor with fireplace and plenty of seating
- Large dining room seats a maximum 36, 30 as it is set now
- Tavern seats 14 at the bar and ~32 at tables, depending on configuration
- Very large commercial kitchen with 10 burner Vulcan range, fryer, griddle (with Ansul system), Blodgett convection, plenty of refrigeration (walk-ins, reach-ins, low boys), commercial ice maker, dishwashing station, and ample prep space/tables
- Utilities: propane; private water & sewer
- Heat: boiler; baseboard hot water
- Hot Water: on demand w/separate boiler
- Exterior: cedar shingle and wood siding
- Onsite gravel parking lot for ~30 cars
- Basement: unfinished, walkout
- Wine room/storage
- Garage: 4 bay, detached, with plenty of room for a workshop, cars, lawn equipment, etc.
- 7 total gas fireplaces
- Spacious, well landscaped grounds with seating areas, 1 wood and 2 gas fire pits, surrounded by mature trees, and perfect for an outdoor or tented event
- Currently open seasonally, but could be open year round.
The Inn's Common Areas
Just 20 minutes from Damariscotta, the restaurant at The Bradley Inn is one of the finest in the area, offering a casual fine dining experience serving gourmet, made from scratch food, in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.
The tavern is warm and inviting, with its shiplap walls, wooden ship models, and muted lighting. Designed with a nautical theme and a warm ambiance, the tavern has become a favorite gathering spot for overnight and restaurant guests, as well as Pemaquid Point locals.
The midcoast proximity allows for easy day trips up and down the coast or inland to explore. The twin villages of Newcastle/Damariscotta sits at the gateway to the popular Pemaquid Peninsula, with the Pemaquid Beach, Pemaquid Lighthouse and The Bradley Inn.
The peninsula is dotted with beautiful little villages, shops and views around the bend. There’s a boat launch right in town Damariscotta, at the head of the peninsula, and a place to rent kayaks. The River Tripper takes guests along the Damariscotta River and offers sunset cruises, oyster and Champagne, and an oyster education!
The newer Oyster Festival draws crowds in the summer, but it’s the Damariscotta Pumpkinfest in October that draws thousands. The pumpkin boat regatta even makes national news! It’s a festival not to be missed.
The inn is located:
- 1 hour from Boothbay Harbor
- 1 hour from Camden
- 1.5 hours from Portland
- 2.5 hours from Bar Harbor
- 3 hours from Boston
And just steps to the historic and popular Pemaquid Lighthouse!
The Owner's or Manager's Apartment
This newly renovated 2nd floor space has private access to an open kitchen-living room with beautiful wood bead board ceilings and exposed beams.There is a full bath with shower and a very large bedroom. It sits above the large commercial kitchen, so there is no concern that owners or the manager would be making noise over guest rooms.
The Chef is looking to stay on with new owners!
This is a financially viable, seasonal business. Details provided to qualified buyer with signed non-disclosure agreement.