Northern Pride Lodge and Campground, on First Roach Pond
North of Greenville and Moosehead Lake, in Kokadjo, Maine
21 RV sites, 3 tent sites, inn/lodge with 5 guest rooms. dock with boat slips and an owner’s house on over 5 acres on First Roach Pond!
Offered at $1,100,000
At a Glance
House/Inn built in 1896
Lot size: 5.35 acres
21 RV/campsites with electric hookup and 3 tent sites (with space on the land for additional tent or glamping sites) and inn with 5 guest rooms
578 feet of frontage on First Roach Pond (which is about 8 miles long)
Map PI 047 – plan 05, lot 2
Shoreland, General Development zoning
Book 1251 Page 219 Pisqataquis County Registry of Deeds
Sits right along ITS 85/86, one of the finest snowmobile trails in Maine!
Tax Acct 218090080
2022 real estate taxes – $3,171
Sale includes 1 canoe; 4 kayaks (one is a Hobie peddle kayak) and a 16 foot Lund boat, rigged for fishing (has a 20hp Honda four stroke motor) and riding and push mower (along with a garage full of too many tools to mention)
50 foot long dock with a T – enough to accommodate up to 7 boats, depending on length, or float planes
additional buildings include a large covered wood shed/leanto, a refrigerated shed for bait or meat locker, a large bath house and two outhouses; 2 car garage with storage above, and 4 chest freezers off the garage building
the inn has 5 guest rooms, 3 baths (one of which is private to room 2), a living room with large stone fireplace with wood stove, dining room porch
the lettered and numbered sites on the campground map are the seasonal sites. Transient sites are marked by a red X and tent sites are on the waterfront.
forced hot air, propane heat (inn/house) plus wood stove in kitchen and one in the living room (both used for heat)
wood shingle siding, metal roof on the house and out buildings, composition shingle roof on the inn
- Generac propane generator (auto start) for the lodge
property can accommodate approximately up to 10 cars (in addition to the RVs)
certain personal property is negotiable (pickup truck and plow and 3 snowmobiles)
The owner’s wing of the house is attached by a breezeway, so it offers privacy for owners as well as for guests (as the inn is truly the guests’ home during their stay since they aren’t sharing it with the owners).
- 3 hours to Portland
- 3 hours to Bar Harbor
- 2 hours to Bangor
- 2.25 hours to Augusta
- 1.25 hours to the Baxter State Park entrance
- 1.5 hours to Millinocket
- 1 hour to Dover Foxcroft
- 25 minutes to Greenville
- 3.5 hours to Quebec City
Things to Do in the Area
- Steamboat Katahdin (‘Kate’) and cruise around on Moosehead Lake
- Driving around on your own and get lost in the unspoiled nature of the North Woods and bring your camera!
- Hanging out at the Northern Pride Lodge waterfront and listening to the loons
- Visit the B-52 crash site
- moose watch safaris
- mountain biking
- Winter activities: snowmobiling, skiing, ice fishing, snowshoeing, dog sledding
Current and Potential Operations
Currently operated as hunting, fishing, recreational lodge, depending on the season – new owners could continue the guiding/hunting service or contract it out, either way, it offers a strong revenue stream.
- Provide Airstream or RV rentals for the experiential lodging instead of renting out the RV site for a much smaller fee – RV rentals could bring in hundreds nightly
- provide tiny homes/cottages on wheels (at the RV sites), also in demand and each could bring in hundreds nightly
- Add glamping tents
- Add private bath pods
- New owners could increase RV site rental rates (current rates leave a lot of room)
- Offer breakfast baskets delivered to each site; picnic lunches to take on a boat ride or on a guided moose safari; offer dinner to guests or the public on a regular basis (they do currently have a liquor license)
- Host lakefront weddings
- Whole house weekly rentals
- Offer winter packages for snowmobiling, snowshoeing or ice fishing
This unique property offers a bit of something for everyone, and the opportunity to own a home-based business and enjoy the Maine way of life!