This extraordinary Inn has 11 guest rooms (2 guest suites), all with ensuite baths, very spacious common areas and a full restaurant license for 24, operated on an intimate scale or for larger events. The choice is yours. The sprawling lawn can accommodate large tented events.
There’s a regulation size Bocce court, a lovely formal round gazebo, a cedar gazebo, a fire pit and a large well furnished deck to dine, sip and relax, any time of day. Many guest rooms have private decks, some with water views.
This is a truly unique offering in midcoast Maine. And a wonderful buyer’s opportunity to own this grand castle.
Impeccable service and an iconic image. This midcoast Maine inn offers luxury in a stone castle with incredible architectural details and gorgeous woodwork. The common spaces are equally impressive as the exterior. From your first steps up into the enclosed porch you notice the details. The leaded glass windows surround the space and stately planters flank the large wood entry to the inn. Quarter sawn oak coffered wood ceilings, paneled walls, inlaid flooring, carved banisters, fireplace details, curved walls and windows are all stunning examples of fine woodworking and architectural details. The inn’s new deck was thoughtfully designed with style and organic movement to blend seamlessly with the exterior.
Camden, Maine is located in the heart of the Midcoast region, abounds with natural beauty – from sparkling Penobscot Bay, to the pristine lakes and evergreen forests of the Camden Hills.
Nearby Camden Harbor is home to a fleet of historic sailing schooners, charming shops, inspired dining, and architectural interest that easily conjures it’s sea-faring history. Read more about the history of Camden.
The word ‘stunning’ captures the essence of this iconic Camden Maine inn for sale.
At a Glance
- Built in 1886
- 63 High Street, Camden, ME 04843
- 3.95 acres
- Map 123, Lot 022
- Book 4644 Page 41 of Knox County Registry of Deeds
- 7,173 sf of living area 4 stories, total with decks/porches is 10,102 sf
- Exterior is stone, brick, cedar shingles and wood siding
- Fiberglass composition shingle roof
- 11 spacious guest rooms with en-suite baths (2 are luxurious suites)
- Spectacular woodwork throughout
- Spacious commercial kitchen with Ansul system
- Two dining rooms with gas fireplaces
- 9 fireplaces in total – 8 gas (5 in guest rooms, 4 in common areas) and 1 wood burning (in the parlor)
- Fire sprinkler system
The Inn is conveniently located a minute from downtown Camden Harbor and just a mile from the entrance to Camden Hills State Park with its famous view from Mt. Battie. A few miles north to Lincolnville Beach and guests can catch the ferry to Islesboro.
The Camden area is known as the region where the “mountains meet the sea”. This Inn is your window to the natural landscape of mountains, beaches, protected bays, impressive lighthouse tours and extraordinary art museums and galleries.
- 80 miles from Portland (1-3/4 hrs.)
- 185 miles from Boston (3-1/2 hrs.)
- 55 miles from Bangor (1-1/4 hrs.)
- 75 miles from Acadia National Park (1-3/4 hrs. in summer traffic)
- 40 miles from Boothbay Harbor (-1 hour)