Enjoy the great outdoors without leaving town on the Bucksport Waterfront Walkway. This green space runs along the Penobscot River with a mile of brick walkways, picnic areas and fantastic views across the river. Pass many memorial benches, informative plaques, a gazebo, and marina all while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Fort Knox and Bridge Observatory
Located on the west bank of the Penobscot River in Prospect, Maine, in an area known as the Penobscot Narrows, Fort Knox is one of the best-preserved fortifications on the New England seacoast. The observatory is, at 420 feet and 42 stories, the tallest occupied structure in Maine. Visitors will enjoy the 360° views of the Penobscot River and Bay, the Maine countryside and the distant mountains to the west. Fort Knox and the observatory are open May 1 through October 31, from 9am to sunset. The grounds are open year round for your visiting pleasure.
The Bucksport Motor Inn overlooking the Penobscot River is centrally located to some of Maine’s most frequently visited coastal towns. This is a great stop over for: snowmobilers, ATV riders, hunters, birdwatchers, ski and snowboarders, hikers, bikers, boaters or just family vacationers. The Penobscot Narrows Observation Tower is the first such innovation of its kind in the United States and only the third in the world.
At a Glance
- 24 units in large building (one is being used as part of the owner’s quarters as a 2nd bedroom and one is not part of the rentable inventory so the revenue is from 22 rooms)
- 1 fully equipped 1 BR/1 BA rental cottage
- Built in 1956
- 5.44 acres (beautiful private wooded area in back with stone fire pit)
- New roof 2006
- New furnaces 2007
- Solar system 2008 for hot water
- All new replacement windows
- All new vinyl shingle siding
- New brick veneer
- All rooms are on a second round of new mattresses and carpet
- Paved parking lot, crack filled and well maintained
- Central office with 8 rooms on the right side and 8 on the left, with another 8 down below, perfect as pet friendly rooms
- Public water and sewer
- Full unfinished basement – walkout, at grade with lower level behind motel
- Map 29, Lot 49
- Zoning: Commercial 1
- Real Estate Taxes $8,322 (2018)
- Warranty Deed
- All Rooms are non-smoking
- Parking at your front door
- All rooms are spacious and have remote controlled TVs/Cable, high speed internet, refrigerators and microwaves. All are king, queen or two doubles.
- Direct dial telephones
- Free gym facilities close by
- In-room coffee makers
- Table and Chairs in Each Room and outside each door in front as well.
- Tub/Shower Combination
-Some baths have pedestal sinks. All have newly grouted tiles and are bright and spotless
- Air Conditioning
- Open year round
Sellers are in their 14th year and are just ready to retire!
Expansion – there’s about 2 acres of woods in the back that is perfect for the addition of cottages, even treehouses or ‘glamping’ sites! In the front of the lot there’s a portion of the lot for an additional building, pool, etc. OR you could take the motel up another story.
Owners have a spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with an open floor plan great room/kitchen/dining area, office, a sitting room off the front lobby and private deck. Floors are carpet and ceramic tile. Kitchen with granite counters. The quarters here is a very comfortable space.
- 37 miles to Camden
- 45 miles to Rockland
- 19 miles to Bangor
- 33 miles to Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park
- 20 miles to Ellsworth
- 17 miles to Castine
- 19 miles to Belfast
- And just a 2 hour drive from Portland’s International Jetport