Under Contract. Showings will continue
Inn at Bay Ledge
Perched High Above Frenchman Bay in Bar Harbor, Maine
Located on just shy of 3 acres perched high above Frenchman Bay, Inn at Bay Ledge has such an incredibly unique waterfront and cliffs that lead down to the shoreline.
The inn offers 12 guest rooms with ensuite baths. The common spaces are plenty and include a large porch with plenty of seating, an in ground pool, breakfast room, a cozy den with fireplace, and a couple of other comfortable seating nooks throughout.
The inn is comprised of three buildings: the Main Inn, Hillside Cottage and Summer Cottage. Each of the rooms in the Main Inn has a view of the water, except for the garden room. All guest rooms have king or queen four-poster or canopy beds. Designer linens, down comforters and feather beds are used in all rooms. All rooms have private baths; some with whirlpools. Views from the second floor rooms 7,8 & 9 are enhanced by private decks overlooking Frenchman Bay and the distant mountains of Acadia National Park and beyond.
First floor rooms have the same beautiful views through picture windows. The garden room is an economical alternative with a queen bed, private deck with awning and a view of the pine grove. Room 10 is a spacious second floor room with a private deck with a view of the pine grove and the bay. Individual work spaces with wifi located around the inn.
A cedar lined Ultra sauna with beach rocks and spring water are perfect after a day of hiking. And complete the self care treatment with a dip in the pool followed by a steam shower!
Offered at $1,995,000
At a Glance
Download a Property Offering
View Additional Photos
Visit the Inn’s Website
- 150 & 157 Sand Point Road, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
- Map 204, Lots 17 & 59 (Hillside Cottage sits on Lot 59, Inn and Summer Cottage sit on Lot 17)
- 2.89 acres with 225 feet of water frontage on Frenchman Bay
- Book 2271 Page 071 and Book261 Page 261, Hancock County Registry of Deeds
- 2021-22 Real Estate Taxes $13,902
- Inn built in 1920, Hillside Cottage built in 1954, Summer Cottage built in 1988
- Inn square footage: 4,412; Hillside Cottage square footage: 1,177; Summer Cottage square footage: 780 for a total of 6,369sf
- ~20 parking spaces on site (both paved and gravel lots)
- private sewer, private well water (2); and seasonal summer town water
- Hot water baseboard
- AC: through wall units
- Inn exterior is shingle siding, Hillside Cottage is clapboard, Summer Cottage is vinyl
- 2 wood burning fireplaces, 6 propane fireplaces, 2 propane fire pits
- Residential, compact but efficient kitchen with large commercial refrigerators
- Dining room can seat 18 , the porch can seat 16, plus there’s more seating around the pool and fire pits
- Large common deck on the main level plus private decks on the upper level
- In ground pool (heated by the sun!) with deck and seating
- Ultra sauna for 5 people with beach rocks, spring water
- Steam shower
Since the days of horse and buggy, visitors to the northeastern coast of Mt. Desert Island have been intrigued by the curious craggy cavities called The Ovens.
Located on the headland between Salsbury Cove and Hulls Cove, The Ovens are best approached by kayak at low to mid-tide. They are largely submerged at high tide, and there is no public land access. Inn at Bay Ledge sits just over from The Ovens and offers a similar geological landscape and just as spectacular a spot for guests to explore!
Check out the video below as we walk down the stairs to the inn’s private beach!
The craggy cliffs of this amazing landscape is incredibly fascinating. The sea glass and ocean current-smoothed rocks are fun to explore. These are Inn at Bay Ledge’s own ‘ocean caves’! Talk about a USP? Unique Selling Proposition?
A USP like this is a marketing dream!
Bar Harbor is a town on Mount Desert Island along Maine’s Frenchman Bay. It serves as a gateway to the mountains and cliffs of neighboring Acadia National Park. Towering over the park, Cadillac Mountain has trails and views of the town, the bay and the Cranberry Islands. Sand Beach is ringed by mountains. From the town pier, the Shore Path winds along the bay overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the Porcupine Islands.
Hiking, biking, bird watching, kayaking, boating, sailing, whale watching, sightseeing, listening to concerts, exploring art galleries, antiquing, exploring islands and lighthouses by foot, car, and boat are all area activities that guarantee guests will leave filled with the wonder of Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.
The inn is located:
- 4.5 hours from Boston
- 3 hours from Portland
- 2 hours from Augusta
- 2.5 hours from Boothbay Harbor
- 1.5 hours from Camden
- 1 hour from Bangor
- 50 minutes from the Schoodic Peninsula
- 40 minutes from Blue Hill
- 20 minutes from Ellsworth
Jenna Bush Hager got engaged at Inn at Bay Ledge and stayed in Room 6.
The private beach was apparently the perfect backdrop, and we aren’t surprised!
This is a financially viable, turnkey business. Financials provided to qualified buyer with signed NDA