7 Room Inn
Downtown Freeport, ME
This is a lovely bed & breakfast conveniently located in the heart of Freeport with an easy walk to shopping and restaurants. Built in 1890 and fully renovated in 1986, it has been a welcoming beacon to guests for over 33 years. The inn features seven guest rooms as well as spacious owner’s quarters, all uniquely furnished. The inn has been meticulously maintained and is ideally situated to both I-295 and Route 1. A great opportunity for expansion, or maintain the current book of business. This property would also serve as a wonderful private residence. The opportunities abound!
Contact me to discuss more details about this special offering.
The inn is located right on Main Street, in walking distance to all that the downtown has to offer. Freeport is a great location for those looking to spend time between Portsmouth NH, southern Maine and the midcoast Camden/Rockland area. Wolfe’s Neck State Park is just a few minutes away. Located in the Casco Bay Maine region, near miles of beaches, coves, lobster pounds and woodlands are just minutes away
Full financial detail provided with signed non-disclosure agreement for qualified buyers.
At a Glance
- Built in 1890
- The inn has been hosting guests for 33 years!
- 7 guest rooms with private baths, guest breakfast room and guest living room, and kitchen off the breakfast room
- .71 acres
- Map 13, Lot 5
- Book # 220691, page # 178 Cumberland County Registry of Deeds
- 4,897 sf finished space
- owner’s quarters is an attached house with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, den/office, open living, dining and kitchen, A/C, and private entrance off the parking lot (as well as from inside the inn) See photos
- wet fire sprinkler system
- spacious paved parking lot
- brick patio area
- mature trees and beautifully landscaped
- vinyl siding with decorative cedar shakes on the gable ends
- V1 zoning
- public water and sewer
- natural gas (not available statewide)
- hot water baseboard heat (gas fueled boiler)
- window A/C units (inn)
- water heater off heating system
- 2021 real estate taxes $12,047
Freeport is about 2 hours from Boston, 50 minutes from Kennebunkport, 90 minutes from the Rockland/Camden area, and 2 1/2 from Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor and home to Acadia National Park. There’s a lot to do within a short drive. Being within 2 hours from Boston’s Logan Airport is a benefit for the innkeepers and air traveling guests alike. But it makes for a very easy off season weekend jaunt by car from the greater Boston area.